Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011. start here --> My Pursuit of Happiness

Here it is, my first post for this year. I am thrilled that 2011 is here because if 2012 turned out to be the end of the world then I better make this year count! I am spending the last days of my vacation by making sense of my life and how I should run it. So far I am not making progress except for the sure fact that I want to move out, meet new people, and learn new things. I am 23 years old. I am old. I feel like I've lived inside a bubble for far too long. There are so many things I want to learn, so many people I want to meet, and so many places I want to see. I must get out and see what's out there before I get really old and loose all hope. The only thing I am sure of is that I have to do it. I do not even know what I mean by "it" because "it" can be anything, that part I still need to figure out. What is important for me is to DO "it." Does that make sense? Anyway, I watched two very inspiring films today: The September Issue and Influencers. They are the reason I am blogging like this again. Like I have a mission to fulfill, which is great because I do not feel like that everyday. I am posting the link in hopes of inspiring new people and my future uninspired self.

Since it is the new year, I thought of  3 resolutions for this year. Three because the more resolutions I make the harder it is for me to remember them and stick by them.

1. In all situations, I must DO THE RIGHT THING.

2. Exercise and smile more often.

3. To inspire and be inspired. 


INFLUENCERS FULL VERSION from R+I creative on Vimeo.

INFLUENCERS is a short documentary that explores what it means to be an influencer and how trends and creativity become contagious today in music, fashion and entertainment.



The film attempts to understand the essence of influence, what makes a person influential without taking a statistical or metric approach.



Written and Directed by Paul Rojanathara and Davis Johnson, the film is a Polaroid snapshot of New York influential creatives (advertising, design, fashion and entertainment) who are shaping today's pop culture.



"Influencers" belongs to the new generation of short films, webdocs, which combine the documentary style and the online experience.



www.influencersfilm.com

www.facebook.com/influencersfilm

---

Director's Note: http://on.fb.me/bQ3kHj

Playlist: http://on.fb.me/cve0yF