Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fashion Notes.

I am blogging this because I do not want to forget.
Something from Ms. Franca Sozzani, editor in chief of Vogue Italia.

To think of yourself in a way that doesn't belong to you to the core makes us appear different than we are. By interpretino a role that doesn't suit us, we get confused by who we are. To appear as we are should be a positive message. This is fundamental. I appear at my best. My best. Not somebody else who doesn't have anything to do with me, my thoughts or attitude.

We tend to think it's fashion's fault because it conditions people, creates stereotypes, makes us think that appearances count more than anything. It's false. Fashion gives suggestions, if a person is weak and follows anything fashion dictates, going against his or her age, character, size, it's not the fault of fashion. It's a lack of personality.

To appear is to appear, to make people like you must be very tiring. It's probably frustrating, almost alienating. When there is no truth, you are able to appear a certain way for a moment, but then everything ends, and you end up alone.

To appear perfect exalts your own personality, if it matches who we are. If you do the opposite you are only a substitute. And you don't get the main role.
 I got it here.